VBA support developer
- Maintain and develop existing applications and systems using T-SQL, C#, .NET Framework 4.0, VBA for Excel and Access, and related technologies.
- Maintenance and development includes coding, debugging, testing and documenting existing applications to produce a consistent visual image and functionality per business requirements.
- Respond to end user support requests for existing applications, analyze, propose, and implement solutions to end user problems.
- Monitor assigned help desk activities to ensure requests or issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Research, learn, and use new technologies and tools when asked by management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and creating queries in SQL.
- Entry level knowledge of VBA, Excel Object Model, MS Access.
- Willingness and ability to learn and understand company's business.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills to work with a variety of people on a variety of projects.
- Knowledge of C# and .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
- Knowledge of object oriented design, understanding of good coding practices.
- Time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken, ability to write technical documentation.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of internal customers and employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete information and propose solutions for business questions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The job is typically performed in a normal office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles in other work areas.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top