User Experience Designer III
- Rockville, MD
One of our valued clients in the Reston area is looking for a UX/UI Desinger. As a UX/UI Designer you will partner with teams to deliver interactive, responsive desktop and mobile products to help create terrific product for their user. This designer will have a significant impact on their business as they lead and influence the design direction for the organization. The ideal candidate combines strong user experience thinking with exceptional visual design talent and understands how to transform business requirements into remarkably intuitive products. Additionally, this candidate will also have a desire to move fast, test and learn quickly, and develop all-around excellence as a design thinker.
- Leverage design-thinking and industrial design methodologies to help re-imagine new human-centered user experiences, products and services through collaborative problem solving with a multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure that the look, feel, layout and interaction details of your products meet customer needs and deliver against business objectives.
- Develop and contribute to wireframes, journey maps, user personas, and interactive prototypes.
- Develop and iterate on concepts for web and mobile browser experiences in a fast-paced team environment.
- Rapidly refine designs, considering live customer data, market research, and usability studies including creating rough conceptual sketches to convey ideas (you know when it doesn't have to be pixel perfect), and creating prototypes for concept testing and to validate hypotheses before solutions are built.
- Collaborate closely with web developers, communicating design specs and collaborating on UI patterns.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in mobile web and graphic design.
- Knowledgeable about best practices in standards-compliant markup, CSS, HTML 5 and progressive enhancement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help shape new product and create new company.
- Demonstrates portfolio that showcases samples of UX/UI design work on desktop and mobile.
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies and prior experience working on agile teams.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to sell the customer benefits of your design concepts.
- Strong Portfolio
- Strong desire to empathize with users and their experiences.
- Experience in information architecture, story-centered design and user testing.
- Expertise in mobile, responsive web design and front-end coding (CSS, HTML 5)
- Experience with rapid prototyping using tools such as Axure, Invision or UXPin.
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- Degrees in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Information Architecture or Human Factors preferred but not required.
- This opportunity is time sensitive
Back to top