Job Title: Tax Preparer
Location: San Jose, CA
Job ID: 480617
CVPartners is looking for an experienced tax preparer to aid our CPA client in the South Bay.
You'll work closely with their clients to review and prepare their taxes including returns, liabilities, deductions, and expenses. You'll review the accuracy of data on tax forms based on all tax rules and regulations. To succeed in this role, it's important to have advanced mathematical skills and the ability to analyze complex data.
If you have relevant experience and are actively looking, we'd like to hear from you.
What You Will Do
- Estimate tax returns, deductibles, liabilities, and expenses
- Review and prepare tax returns
- Collect data from income statements and expense documents
- Complete clients' tax documentation
- Review data on reports and detect possible errors
- Ensure compliance with government tax rules
- Pull up work documents, workpapers, and check tasks per return
- Experience as a Tax Preparer, Tax Accountant, Tax analyst, or a similar role
- Staff or Senior level
- Good knowledge of tax preparation software
- Advanced MS Office skills (particularly in using Excel)
- Comprehensive understanding of government tax laws
- Excellent computational ability
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- CPA preferred, not required
- A degree in Finance or Accounting