he majority of high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals are seeking to establish a trusted relationship with a competent, credible advisor who proactively provides guidance on the full range of their financial affairs offers actionable solutions and clearly acts in their best interest.
Harris Private Bank?s strategy ? to be a best-in-class wealth management provider known for the emotional connection we make with clients and for the impact and timeliness of the solutions we provide ? is designed to capitalize on this unmet need. Our competitors say they are doing this, but clearly they are falling short and this presents a great opportunity for us. The role of the Relationship Manager will be a key element of this differentiation for Harris.
We will know that we have successfully executed this strategy when:
- Our clients and prospects experience an enhanced level of service and higher levels of satisfaction and are motivated to refer others to Harris Private Bank.
- Our professionals experience deeper, more rewarding client relationships and an energetic, exciting and rewarding environment that comes with growth and market leadership.
- Our shareholders experience the impact of Harris Private Bank attracting more clients, cultivating more profitable clients and making a greater contribution to the Bank?s overall revenue and profitability.
MANDATE FOR THE ROLE
Applies technical tax knowledge and skills to oversee and manage the completion of client projects and tax deliverables. Mentors and works with staff resources to ensure successful completion of deliverables. Directly reports to the Principal and/or Client Service Director
- Manage tax and compliance deliverables within Family Office Services (FOS) through assignment of returns and related filings (extensions, etc)
- Provide detailed focus on projects, and alert the Principal/Client Service Director of technical tax issues that may arise; Prepare and provide details for discussion and resolution
- Ensure tax compliance (accurate and timely filings, extensions, review of tax returns for client and related entities)
- Successfully research technical tax issues (e.g. Tax Code, RIA) and assist client service team in forming conclusions related to complex tax issues
- Develop into role of primary point of contact for existing client team assignments.
- Support management of existing client revenue through review of works in progress and preparation of billings for special projects/consulting services provided to the client
- Continue to develop networks of internal (w/service lines and Harris) and external (attorneys and brokers) parties to form strong working relationships that may grow existing business and/or lead to development of new business opportunities
- Proactively communicate and discuss impact of technical tax matters within FOS, and communicate to client?s tax changes, implications and potential impact to their financial strategies and goals.
- Apply functional, product, and industry skills to client engagements and strive to enhance knowledge through direct guidance from the Principal and Client Service Director
- Ensure accuracy of all tax deliverables and consistency of the design and content of presentations and work papers
- Gains an understanding of the client?s financial, business and family goals and is responsible for executing strategies to achieve these strategies
- Act as a role model to staff members to build team expertise and knowledge sharing
SCOPE AND IMPACT
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred, Master's a plus; CPA, law, or securities license desirable
- 5-8 yrs exp fiduciary tax issues, investments, consulting or compliance in an accounting, in financial & estate planning
Back to top