Our client, a fast growing organization, is looking to add a Staff Accountant with 2-6 years of experience to their team. The client has big growth plans, and as the Junior Staff Accountant, you need to have the energy and drive to help them build the foundation.
- Reconcile subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Assist with the monthly close process, working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Assist with the preparation of month end journal entries and their respective working papers
- Assist with the preparation of a monthly reporting package that includes actual vs budget income statement, balance sheet, operational reports, and commentary on business results
- Assist in developing and completing cost accounting analysis and inventory management processes.
- Assist with the creation of formal accounting policies, processes and controls
- Assist with invoice creation and accounts receivable collections
- Assist with the preparation of corporate income tax and sale tax compliance to ensure accurate and timely reporting of all returns
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system
- Assist with administration duties on occasion
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned, including special projects as they arise
- Have a degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience
- Are looking for growth and are interested in learning multiple functions within finance.
- Are adaptable and thrive under a constantly changing environment.
- Are self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment
- Have a strong attention to detail and operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Have strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Having experience with NetSuite would be considered an asse