Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our non profit Bronx client is looking to add an accountant to their growing and collaborative team. The ideal candidate will have grant accounting experience, budgeting and experience with Fund EZ software.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible in preparing and coordinating all financial reports for government grants and contracts.
- Coordinate external governmental contract audits.
- Analysis of Financial Statements prior to review with Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller.
- Facilitates the development of the budget for assigned areas of responsibility by creating worksheets, identifying data sources and gathering departmental information.
- Identifies problems or situations, which need to be addressed by the department director or other managers throughout the organization.
- Consults with departments to develop cost accounting standards; validate and maintain standards; analyzes and updates cost accounting data and produce reports for use by departments for cost management
- Assist in the requests for financial information from Management.
- Completes special projects and financial analysis as needed
- Maintains confidentiality of all financial information
- Minimum five (5) years Non-Profit accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP Principles rule, Accruals and Adjustment.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Business Development Manager, Addison Group Healthcare
Alli works within Addison’s Healthcare Department, seeking to build relationships with new clients while successfully maintaining existing relationships with hospital systems, physician practices, and other companies.
Back to top