Philadelphia, PA - Old City
3+ Month Contract-to-hire
Reporting to Controller, the Staff Accountant maintains company's accounting and compliance policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure grant compliance and accountability at providers' level. Also provides technical assistance to providers in relation to company funds accounting and compliance. Perform related month-end and yearly close procedures and reporting as directed by the Controller.
Essential Functions: General Accounting
• Review monthly provider invoices timely
• Ensure that all providers submit their monthly invoices in accordance with the deadline stipulated in their contract
• Follow up with providers to ensure that invoices are submitted timely with all proper supporting documentations
• Design and implement a tracking system of invoice submission and follow up
• Prepare monthly providers status reports and timely submit to Controller for review
• Prepare a list of provider invoices to be submitted to funders for reimbursement
• Follow up with providers timely and ensure that all requested information are submitted timely
• Communicate to providers timely on any issues or concern
• Assist Company Controller during month-end and yearly closing procedures
• Assist Company Controller during annual financial statement audit as well as interim audit procedures and any requirements related to an A133 single audit
• Monitor the compliance of providers to ensure general and specific requirements of the grant are adhered to.
• Timely completion and submission of periodic reporting requirements to appropriate authorities
• Serve as primary point-of-contact for providers with regard to their cost reimbursement
• Coordinate with Controller and Contracts Manager to conduct periodic training sessions and meetings with providers on grant reporting, tracking, accounting, or compliance.
• Provide staff assistance to other programs as assigned
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Gain an understanding of company's contracting process, invoice submission and reporting requirements
• Follow the steps for receiving and reviewing signed/returned consultant and provider contracts and seeing the contracts through to execution
• Assist with other contracts management-related projects as needed and assigned by the Contracts Manager, such as archiving expired contracts, organizing current contract files, reviewing and processing incoming contractrelated documentation, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
• Minimum five years of progressive experience in general accounting and accounting systems. Experience with federal grant accounting and administration is a plus
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word, and familiarity with the rest of the Microsoft Office
• Willing to learn basic financial reporting
• Demonstrated ability to perform high level analysis
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and come up with creative solutions
• Familiarity with various federal, state, and city grant financial requirements and
• Familiarity with MIP accounting software desirable
• A highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to analyze data
• Project a professional demeanor and responsiveness
• Possess excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to work both individually and as part of a team
• Capable of working in a fast paced, professional environment.
• Must maintain and execute confidential information
• Must maintain regular attendance
• Successful completion of background checks (PA State Criminal, PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse, U.S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry, and F.B.I. fingerprinting).