- Reston, VA
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and working closely with various departments to ensure that revenues and receivables are reconciled accurately
- Review and process Expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Conduct general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer's benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of large ERP systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Great Plains etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Minimum 2 plus years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration strongly preferred
Location: Reston, VA
Back to top