Role: Staff Accountant
Location: San Jose, CA
Internal Job ID: 425571
This position reports to the Accounting Manager. The primarily responsibilities include general ledger and sub accounts analysis, journal entries for monthly closing as well as variance analysis, Managing Accounts Payables including entering bills in NetSuite and reconciling AP Subledger, helping team in creating invoices, cash reconciliations, and other special projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
GL and Others (60%)
- Assist in preparing journal entries and collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information for monthly, quarterly and year-end closing.
- Record prepaid amortization, accruals, employee expenses in NetSuite and analyze the associated accounts.
- Analyze and reconcile specific general ledger account balance sheets and P&L accounts.
- Weekly Reconcile bank accounts.
- Perform specific financial and statistical analysis as requested, prepare ad-hoc reports, help team in NetSuite next phase implementation and work on special projects.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules in NetSuite; prepare monthly detail General Journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals via fixed asset module in NetSuite; assist team in preparing fixed asset roll forward report.
- Help management and team during year-end financial audit and tax audit.
AP and AR (40%)
- Review bills, charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, and record bills accordingly in system.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Help team implementing Purchase Order process in NetSuite.
- Reconcile AP accounts.
- Help team creating account receivable invoices in system when needed.
- 1-3 years related experience
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or equivalent with at least three years accounting experience
- Understanding of GAAP and grant accounting processes
- Prior experience in ERP system, NetSuite experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Comfortable in Excel, MS-Office.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and handle multiple responsibilities at a time.
- Willingness to learn and work closely with team.
Back to top