Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
A midtown Manhattan law firm is looking for a temporary to hire staff accountant to come in immediately to help a new growing team.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly partner draws/distributions schedules and timely submission to payroll, including reviewing and reconciling withholding payments, foreign exchange rates, personal expenses and preparing journal entries.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation partner related accounts.
- Responsible for monthly recurring journal entries for partner accounting and monthly journal entries for the tax team.
- Responsible for preparing and providing cash flows and income verification letters, including interactions with banks as required.
- Responsible for preparing quarterly reconciliations of partner payroll, overview of compensation and additional payments to partners and partner status.
- Ad hoc projects and special requests as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience of accounting experience in a professional services or corporate environment, preferably law firm experience.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize to complete time-sensitive tasks. This is a high profile function.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, sense of urgency, dependability and excellent friendly customer service.
- Individual must be organized and maintain neat paper and electronic files
- Capable of working independently as well as interacting with colleagues in Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Finance and General Accounting.
- B.A. in Accounting or Finance mandatory
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Business Development Manager, Addison Group Healthcare
Alli works within Addison’s Healthcare Department, seeking to build relationships with new clients while successfully maintaining existing relationships with hospital systems, physician practices, and other companies.
Back to top