An Addison Group client is looking for a Sr. HR Generalist to join their team in Bellmawr, NJ!
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance where necessary.
- Answer HR related calls from internal and external clients.
- Keep up to date records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, short term disability, leaves/accommodations) to ensure all employment requirements are met.
- Manage terminations and requisitions; open and close job requisitions and occasionally assist with exit interviews.
- Support the recruitment/hiring process utilizing various job boards and out of the box outreach.
- Schedule and attend job fairs.
- Coordinate meetings, initial screenings and interviews, HR events etc. and ensure the team's agenda and timelines are met.
- Screen, print and review applications and resumes, screen and interview candidates to fill existing and expected job vacancies.
- Review and evaluate applicants work history, education, training and other qualifications.
- Interview those selected that meet the organization's qualifications if Supervisor is not available.
- Confirm potential employee interviews via email with candidate and schedule into calendar.
- Prepare and present candidate on-boarding paperwork once determined if eligible for hire.
- Prepare and extend job offer and assure Work Opportunity Tax Credit has been filled out.
- Provide offer letter and Paychex registration information.
- Inform candidates of job responsibilities, compensation/benefits programs, work schedule/conditions, career advancement opportunities, etc.
- Create file for new hire and give to Payroll to enter into Paychex.
- Take photo of new hire to create IDBadge for first day of training.
- Enter employee information and maintain confidentiality.
- Provide new hire with necessary supplies and Training Packet.
- Perform reference and background checks and process new hires through E-Verify within three days of hire.
- Keep up to date log of I9's (active and inactive).
- Create and update job descriptions, policies and procedures.
- Maintain employee handbook to reflect updates when necessary.
- Assist supervisors in performance management procedures.
- Maintain accurate log of 90 Day/Annual Performance Reviews.
- Manage employees call-outs, e-mail necessary management, record employee absenteeism into Express Time and call-out log.
- Maintain records of employee vacation time and unpaid days off in ExpressTime.
- Discuss any involuntary terminations with the HR Manager before completing the form.
- File all disciplinary actions and other employee documentation including performance reviews. Make corresponding entries into Paychex and Express Time as necessary.
- Run reports monthly and on an ad hoc basis for the HR Monthly report and other needs. Reports include reporting on HR metrics such as applicant status, turnover, time-to-fill, etc.
- Respond to employee inquiries and track FMLA and NJ Family Leave.
- Complete Worker's Compensation and Disability processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel)
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- CIPD certification is an advantage
- Additional education in Human Resource Management will be a plus
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
This job is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This requires the ability to lift files, bend or stand for extended periods of time.