Sr. CyberSecurity Architect/Engineer
Location: Washington DC Region
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our Client, an industry leader in digital communications and technology, is looking for a Sr. Cyber Security Architect. This individual will receive the privilege to join a company at the forefront of innovation and progress in information systems and technology.
The Sr. Cyber Security Architect / Engineer will handle the design, documenting, developing and security related solutions, systems and technologies used in the company's network. This individual will need strong engineering skills, an inquisitive and resourceful nature to challenge security controls, the ability to consistently monitor services and assess a variety of technologies, involving networks, web applications, mobile devices, set-top boxes, and private wireless systems. This position is located in Northern Virginia.
The Sr. Cyber Security Architect will work with the Sr. Director of Architecture and Engineering, and the Digital and Infrastructure teams to implement risk-oriented technical security controls and safety defenses.
- Evaluates and supports all IT security processes and workflows
- Conducts cyber analysis and monitors the network
- Researches latest threats to cyber security and likely vulnerabilities
- Implements security assessment test plans, then documents and present results to customers
- Oversees real-time monitoring infrastructure and assessment toolkits
- Engineers, and reviews security solutions to meet an ISMS framework
- Performs design analysis, reviews, piloting, and applies security technologies that meet specified requirements
- Defines system security requirements and baselines for the various classes of assets and environments in use by the company and its partners
- Addresses control gaps, abnormal behavior patterns and attack techniques to enhance the security program and protect the company environment
- Works with all branches across the organization to remediate security gaps
- Work with product managers and teams to understand technical requirements across multiple Digital Media (DevOps) Teams
- Suggests security controls for the rapid development of consumer facing prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches
- Reviews developer's code, gives feedback and performs security and risk assessment for consumer facing applications, services, and technology
- Evaluates and recommends secure technology stack for interactive consumer experiences across web and mobile devices.
- 6+ years of cyber security architecture and/or engineering, with a Bachelor's degree or higher in related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a solid knowledge of IT/Digital/Broadcast environments
- Broad knowledge of IT Security technologies, process, and techniques and a strong understanding of best practices
- Experience with cyber security engineering and deploying solutions in a cloud environment (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, VPN
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems in an Active Directory environment
- Experience with network security infrastructure (firewalls, proxies, WAFs, DLP, IDS/IPS, malware detection, packet capture and analysis tools, etc)
- Experience with endpoint security technologies
- Experience with security logging, event correlation, and Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
- Splunk Enterprise Security experience a plus
- Understanding of Incident Response best practices
- Experience with Database Activity Monitoring tools
- Some experience scripting/programming experience in Python, Perl, PowerShell or Bash.
- CISSP, SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, RHCE or CCNA-Security certifications are desirable
- Experience working in a large company environment
- Experience Architecting and Engineering security in Public and Private Cloud environments
- Experience in secure coding and software development in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Knowledge of software and application design, delivery, and architecture (Agile, DevOps, CICD, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods (preferred)
- Familiarity with software deployment, integration and configuration tools (Jenkins, Docker, Puppet)
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
* Must be authorized and eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship for the duration of the assignment.
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top