Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client in the political software product space is seeking a Database Administrator to administer SQL Server databases company wide.
- The Database Administrator will perform all DBA duties including: backups/restores, server monitoring and configuration, security and permissions management, scheduling jobs/tasks, query optimization, index maintenance, performance monitoring, and HA/DR planning and implementation
- The Database Administrator will implement proactive database monitoring and alerts to maintain data integrity and application performance
- The Database Administrator will evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations to improve existing processes
- The Database Administrator will maintain data quality and security by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- The Database Administrator will install and configure new SQL Server environments, including failover clusters
- The Database Administrator will coordinate with IT to test and roll-out Windows and SQL patches/upgrades
- 4+ years of experience in supporting large OLTP data driven applications in a production environment
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012.
- Comfortable dealing with very large databases (500GB+)
- Ability to perform analysis to identify performance improvement areas and tune databases for optimal performance
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions in SQL Server, including WSFC, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, and Log Shipping.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide root cause analysis and recommend preventive and corrective actions.
- Understanding of SQL Server Policy Based Management and Extended Events
- Familiarity with ETL processes (SSIS or other) and ability to develop data migration plans
- Experience with third-party SQL monitoring tools (Idera, Redgate, etc.)
- Experience with the following technologies are a plus: Powershell, Azure SQL Database, AWS Redshift, ITIL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational skills along with an attention to detail
- Must have experience working in mission critical, fast-paced environments
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in fast-paced environments
Back to top