Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client in the political software product space is seeking a Database Administrator to administer SQL Server databases company wide.
- The Database Administrator will perform all DBA duties including: backups/restores, server monitoring and configuration, security and permissions management, scheduling jobs/tasks, query optimization, index maintenance, performance monitoring, and HA/DR planning and implementation
- The Database Administrator will implement proactive database monitoring and alerts to maintain data integrity and application performance
- The Database Administrator will evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations to improve existing processes
- The Database Administrator will maintain data quality and security by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- The Database Administrator will install and configure new SQL Server environments, including failover clusters
- The Database Administrator will coordinate with IT to test and roll-out Windows and SQL patches/upgrades
- 4+ years of experience in supporting large OLTP data driven applications in a production environment
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012.
- Comfortable dealing with very large databases (500GB+)
- Ability to perform analysis to identify performance improvement areas and tune databases for optimal performance
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions in SQL Server, including WSFC, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, and Log Shipping.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide root cause analysis and recommend preventive and corrective actions.
- Understanding of SQL Server Policy Based Management and Extended Events
- Familiarity with ETL processes (SSIS or other) and ability to develop data migration plans
- Experience with third-party SQL monitoring tools (Idera, Redgate, etc.)
- Experience with the following technologies are a plus: Powershell, Azure SQL Database, AWS Redshift, ITIL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational skills along with an attention to detail
- Must have experience working in mission critical, fast-paced environments
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in fast-paced environments
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Business Development Manager, Addison Group Healthcare
Alli works within Addison’s Healthcare Department, seeking to build relationships with new clients while successfully maintaining existing relationships with hospital systems, physician practices, and other companies.
Back to top