Senior Tax Manger
Tax Senior Manager
Walnut Creek, California
For over two decades, HCVT has delivered accounting expertise and real business results for clients in the U.S. and abroad. As the biggest and one of the fastest growing CPA firms based in Southern California, we take pride in our client-centric approach, enabling us to consistently be recognized as one of the Top 50 CPA firms in the U.S. by the Public Accounting Report and Top 10 in the Los Angeles area.
HCVT serves large local, national and international clients around the globe and provides businesses and individuals solutions in the areas of tax, audit, and business management. Founded in 1991 by three partners, today HCVT is a full service firm with over 35 partners and more than 350 employees in eight office locations, and our proven track record and industry experience represents unlimited opportunities for you to create the future you desire.
Apply today and learn more about HCVT, as well as our career opportunities at www.hcvt.com .
Locations in CA: Camarillo, Costa Mesa, Encino, Long Beach, Pasadena, Walnut Creek, West Los Angeles, Westlake Village
Location in TX: Fort Worth
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of technical tax experience
o Proficient in the taxation of partnerships, limited liability companies and other similar flow-through entities
o Knowledgeable on Real Estate Investment Trust tax issues
o Master's degree in Taxation is preferred
o Licensed CPA
o Big 4 or other national accounting firm experience preferred
o Experience in the private sector is a plus
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and documentation skills
- Ability to articulate complex tax matters in business language
- Thorough understanding of both accounting and income tax compliance issues associated with real estate
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced and complex environment
- Strong team player with emphasis on the continued growth and development of team members
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment
- Ability to develop client relationships and responsive to client needs
- Manage the timely delivery of federal and state compliance filings for REITs, complex tiered partnership structures, and corporations.
- Oversee timely completion of quarterly and year-end REIT qualification testing, earnings and profits calculations and dividend taxability disclosures.
- Routinely consult with clients on various tax and real estate issues, including quarterly estimated tax payment and state tax withholding calculations.
- GoSystems tax preparation software familiarity and advanced Excel skills preferred.
Back to top