Senior Tax Accountant/Sales & Use
- San Francisco, CA
Job Title: Senior Tax Accountant (Sales & Use)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary Range: $100,000 - $110,000/yr.
Internal Job ID: 463750
CVPartners is seeking a top quality Senior Indirect Tax Accountant to join the team of our renewable energy client. This position will report to the Indirect Tax Manager and have responsibility for review, preparation and filing of various indirect tax returns, including sales and use tax and property tax.
- Prepare and review of work papers to support the Company's sales & use tax returns and property tax filings.
- Develop relationships with internal, external and IT contacts for data files and information
- Support sales and property tax-related audits, which includes gathering workpapers and documents.
- Participate in the modification and improvement of existing processes to reduce future audit risk
- Research tax regulations and tax rules to support projects and initiatives
- Manage and oversee tax rates, tax classification and exemption documentation
- Respond to tax related inquiries
- Bachelor's degree in related field (accounting, finance or economics) or equivalent work experience. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of public company or public accounting experience. Renewable energy background or experience, strongly preferred.
- Background in indirect tax role with responsibility for tax compliance and accounting for indirect taxes.
- MS Excel, tax and accounting research tools, enterprise/general ledger (GL) systems, and tax compliance applications.
- Understanding of sales & property tax principles.
Back to top