Senior Software Engineer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy/Addison Group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for their client in Washington, DC!
- This position is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a critical internal application platform.
- Developer with 6-8 years of experience required.
- Strong development experience with Java, Microservices, REST API, and SOAP.
- Strong skills in Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases, and respective procedural languages (PL/SQL and T-SQL).
- Demonstrated experience with Java frameworks
- Good knowledge of web architectural patterns
- Understanding and experience with Object Oriented analysis and design practices (Object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Working knowledge in Linux/Unix environment and Shell scripting.
- Familiar with Application Development Life Cycle and be able to independently participate in each components.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Motivated to learn new applications and domain.
- Possess appetite for learning through exploration and reverse engineering.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome any kind of challenges.
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top