Senior Software Engineer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy/Addison Group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for their client in Washington, DC!
- This position is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a critical internal application platform.
- Developer with 6-8 years of experience required.
- Strong development experience with Java, Microservices, REST API, and SOAP.
- Strong skills in Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases, and respective procedural languages (PL/SQL and T-SQL).
- Demonstrated experience with Java frameworks
- Good knowledge of web architectural patterns
- Understanding and experience with Object Oriented analysis and design practices (Object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Working knowledge in Linux/Unix environment and Shell scripting.
- Familiar with Application Development Life Cycle and be able to independently participate in each components.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Motivated to learn new applications and domain.
- Possess appetite for learning through exploration and reverse engineering.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome any kind of challenges.
Back to top