Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Senior Manager Financial Reporting Job in Scottsdale, Arizona
This position has primary responsibility for overseeing the financial reporting function including all aspects of quarterly and annual standalone financial reporting required by the company, providing support for their quarterly and annual SEC filings, management of the annual financial audit process in close coordination with external auditors and members of the project accounting teams.
- Oversee coordination and execution of the annual financial audits for the renewables and development businesses, working closely with internal accounting staff and external auditors, including coordinating PBCs, drafting of footnotes/schedules and quality control of integrated financial statements.
- Research and document technical accounting issues related to material transactions to support audits and financial reporting - expected to be mainly US GAAP, but may include IFRS.
- Assist transaction development teams and finance group with accounting diligence for acquisitions and advise on accounting structuring considerations on a real time basis.
- Work with the Controller, Director of FP&A, Sr. Manager, Consolidations & Financial Reporting, and GL accounting groups in developing financial statements for audit and investor needs.
- Lead analysis and documentation of technical issues on variable interest entity & consolidation, leasing, revenue recognition, debt and equity method investments under US GAAP.
- Continue to maintain and develop Company accounting policies.
- Work with the Director, Internal Audit to support development, implementation, and maintenance of internal SOX controls.
- Assist with the annual audited financial statements and footnotes and other company filings as required.
- Work with corporate and operational accounting groups to execute audits.
- Perform or assist with ad-hoc or special projects as assigned.
- Assist in researching reporting matters, accounting principles and financial reporting rules, as well as preparation. on of internal documentation to support due diligence, technical accounting memos and internal controls
- Maintain internal control environment and ensure compliance with accounting policies and SOX regulations.
- Actively participate in process improvement including automation and efficiency projects.
- Minimum 10 years progressive accounting and financial reporting experience required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university required; Master's degree (preferably in accounting) a plus;
- CPA required;
- Big 4 firm experience required (preferably 4-5 years with demonstrated advancement)
- Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) or another advanced ERP systems.
- Relocation package available
Back to top