Senior Associate - Audit
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Location: Northbrook area near Lake Cook Road
CPA firm hiring a Senior Associate - Audit that is motivated and looking for a small firm environment. Working directly with Audit manager and Partners in providing Audit services to a wide variety of clients in a challenging and rewarding work environment. The desire of the Partners is for excellent work, personal life balance.This position has developed as a result of continued growth.
This CPA firm emphasizes work life balance,teamwork and continuing education to develop staff potential and overall firm efficiency. Client base includes a variety of closely held small businesses ,non-profit organizations, high net worth individuals,trusts and estates.
As a key member of the audit team, the Senior Associate is responsible for:
- Managing, understanding and assisting with planning multiple audit assignments in small businesses, not-for-profit and high net worth individuals,trusts and estates.
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a "functional expert" in the area
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements.
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, including managing the budget, planning, executing, directing staff and completing financial statements and audits
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management.
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
- Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on audit methodology
- The position offers an opportunity to work with a diverse client base
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1+ year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Salary range is $75-95K DOE - (Depending on Experience)
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top