Job Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job ID: 479776
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills to be highly effective, and also, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This is a hands-on position requires a deep and broad knowledge of accounting and finance in order to create policies and procedures that keep pace with the growth of the company. This position reports to Associate Director, Accounting and will be located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position.
The Accounting Manager is expected to lead and manage general ledger functions and processes, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, cash management, fixed assets, and adhere to the company's internal controls.
- Manage the U.S. accounting functions that include general ledger, accounts payable and employee expense reports, customer invoicing and accounts receivable, payroll and payroll tax filings, and sales commissions.
- Supervise staff and provide development and coaching where appropriate.
- Ensure all journal entries and account reconciliations are completed accurately and on time.
- Provide flux analysis for financial statement line items monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Manage the accuracy and timely filing of 1099's, Sales and Use Tax filings and payroll taxes, as well as staying current on all applicable tax laws.
- Assist in collation and preparation of audit schedules and PBC requests.
- Responsible for customer invoicing and revenue accounting, as well as overseeing sales administration functions, including weekly reporting.
- Able to effectively communicate and follow-up to ensure accurate and timely execution by all team members.
- Manage key SOX controls for quarterly and annual testing
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Excel and database skills.
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, anticipatory and follow up skills.
- Team player that works well with employees both above and below this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Well organized.
- Good time management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with, manage and prioritize multiple deadlines.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 7 to 10 years of growing responsibility experience in accounting / finance, including public company, CPA preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/related field
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Familiarity QAD or other ERP applications such as Oracle, SAP, or NetSuite
- Self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills who pays attention to details.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, detailed oriented and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player with can do attitude
- Excellent analytical abilities