Our client, a prestigious, Association, is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant with extensive Financial Statement Prep experience to join their growing team.
- Prepare Financial Statements including the Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities and Statement of Cash Flows for executive reports and quarterly audits.
- Collect data and prepare reports for varying surveys for different schools and colleges of the University. Prepare internal reports as needed.
- Forge relationships with operation groups and other functional accounting teams supporting financial accounting and reporting
- Prepare documentation and support audits and compliance processes.
- Efficiently perform accounting research by navigating accounting databases to find the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Perform self-checks to spot inconsistencies in accounting work and quickly uncover errors in both computation and application of accounting principles.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Extensive technical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures which is noted through work experience at large publicly traded companies and/or public accounting.
- Experience in and performing accounting research and application.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinker with innate ability to work independently and under stringent deadlines.
- Documented success as innovator and creative problem solver.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with auditors, staff, faculty, students, university officials and public.
- Advance level of Microsoft Excel experience particularly Vlookups, pivot tables, and charts and graphs. As well as applied experience with various accounting software, including large ERP systems such as PeopleSoft and WorkDay.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years accounting experience in a large publicly traded company and/or public accounting, not for profit, or institution of higher learning.
- Ability to assess priorities, assign resources and always maintain composure and diplomacy.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines; demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity, and accountability.
- Superior work ethic and a dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence.
- Strong individual with excellent oral and written communication, articulate, detail oriented and accounting research skills.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office (specifically MS Excel) and use of accounting software, including large ERP systems such as PeopleSoft and WorkDay.