Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client, a high-growth construction firm located near Gaithersburg, MD is looking for a Senior Accountant. The position will be responsible for job costing and the general ledger. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Controller, a great mentor, and project managers. Position is on their corporate accounting team and will have a path for immediate growth.
- Job cost accounting
- Process journal entries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monthly WIP schedule preparation and upkeep.
- Analysis of budget vs actual job costs
- Monthly financial reporting and analysis to include Balance Sheet, Income Statement
- Weekly review of A/P invoices and coding to proper cost codes and confirming the proper approval has been received
- Perform bank reconciliations and other banking related duties.
- Support ongoing corporate accounting projects.
- Assist in preparing information and reports for external auditors.
- Bachelor' degree in Accounting, Business Management, or Project Management.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of project accounting experience; preferably in construction industry.
- Experience with Sage or Timberline software
- Microsoft Office proficiency with Microsoft Excel for financial purposes.
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Business Development Manager, Addison Group Healthcare
Alli works within Addison’s Healthcare Department, seeking to build relationships with new clients while successfully maintaining existing relationships with hospital systems, physician practices, and other companies.
Back to top