Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant in the northern Virginia area. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience in GL and have at minimum a BS in Accounting.
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing financial statements and supporting schedules according to the monthly close schedule.
- The Senior Accountant will maintain financial system setups, including ledgers, chart of accounts, control edits, etc.
- The Senior Accountant will prepare account reconciliations with documented support; review for appropriate recording
- The Senior Accountant will prepare and enter monthly journal entries to the general ledger
- Coordinate monthly general ledger close: validate completeness of journal entry posting, review preliminary financial statements, prepare and record adjusting entries as necessary
- The Senior Accountant will assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Provide preparation assistance of tax and audit schedules on an ad-hoc basis
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant performing extensive accounting functions including journal entries, account reconciliations, preparation of supporting schedules and financial statements
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, and accounting procedures.
- Advanced Excel experience and large ERP software a must.
Back to top