Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: San Francisco, CA
Pay Range: $50-60/hr
Internal Job ID: 477826
CVPartners is looking for a senior accountant to assist a biotech/environmental company with year-end and audit, taking on tasks such as month end journal entries, reconciliations, and other related matters to aid the Finance team. The goal is to provide insight into process improvement, as well as contribute to the team's goal of efficiency and simplification. Abilities to multi-task and prioritize are essential for this role. This role has perm potential and will evolve based on company growth, personal growth, and operational needs
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare and post general ledger and payroll-related journal entries and month-end close activities.
- Reconcile payroll-related bank accounts, fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger and prepare fixed assets roll-forward.
- Review and process accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Prepare bank reconciliation for all cash accounts, monthly bank account reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Assist with financial statement preparations and supporting schedules.
- Assist in the development and improvement of procedures and process.
- Manage quarterly review/annual audits and research technical accounting issues to ensure accordance with US GAAP.
Senior Accountant Job Specifications:
- 6+ years' experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration and CPA preferred
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Experience with preparation and processing of payroll and some knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and financial computer systems preferred
- Experience with NetSuite, Oracle, SAP preferred