Are you looking for a growth opportunity for a reputable company with a positive work environment? Our client, who is within the consumer products industry, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Location: Chicago, IL
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information. This individual will support day to day accounting functions, including the month end close process which encompasses the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and the preparation of financial statements for senior leadership and private equity ownership. Additional job responsibilities will include cash management, accounts payable and receivables.
- Calculate commissions and prepare monthly and quarterly statements and bonus payments for the sales team.
- Cash management including daily billing, receipts and vendor payments as well as bank reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Participate in preparing supporting documentation for the financial and other (workers comp, tax) audits.
- Timely and accurately prepare or assist in preparing reports or returns, including 1099's required by State or Federal agencies.
- Prepare necessary month-end and year-end reports, including census reports for benefits.
- Work with business and functional leaders to continually improve operational reporting to support better decision making, accountability, and efficiency.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Additional responsibilities may include: payroll processing & all related functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- Strong Computer aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications is a must - Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of GAAP a must.
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison's Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation