Security Analyst II
- Costa Mesa, CA
Security Analyst II
Location: Chesterfield, MO
- This position requires Federal Security Clearence - the Dept of Education will not process clearance for non-US Citizen. This means the client can only hire US Citizens
- Company culture is conservative. For males, hair below a shirt collar is not accepted here. No earrings for males. Business attire is required - slacks or khakis and a collared shirt every day
General Statement of Duties:
Leads or assists in administration, maintenance, development and/or implementation of policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all Information Systems and business functions. Performs regular operational security functions and plays key role in supporting security audit and ongoing compliance-related activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field from a four year college or university required.
- 5+ years of combined IT and application, operating system, or database security work experience with a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, configuration, diagnostics and administration of computer systems.
- 3+ years of security related experience with various security tools or configuring security related hardware.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance standards, particularly Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), including the NIST 800 series and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) is highly desired.
Reasoning Ability: Working knowledge of documentation provided by technology vendors and commercial software products. Experience applying, supporting or creation of controls associated with Sarbanes-Oxley, SSAE-16 or Federal Security standards. Familiarity and experience with interpreting state or federal requirements/regulations and providing specific guidance for integration into operational environment. Working knowledge of IT functions, specifically understanding system production structure/controls, change management and software development processes. Capable of identifying management, IT system, and operational issues and trends and developing solutions including creating materials, documentation, systems, processes/procedures, and policies.
Technical Skills: Familiarity and knowledge of current technology used within midsized enterprises, including infrastructure, commercial products, and intranet/Internet and SQL databases. Basic to mid-level systems administration or developmental capabilities in Windows and/or Linux environments.
Certificates and Licenses: CISSP or other relevant security certifications (CISA, GSEC, Security+) is required.
Back to top