Job Title: SEC - Information Security Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
The Information Security Engineer IV is responsible for designing and implementing secure network, cloud, platform, and application solutions. The position will also be responsible for performing application, host, and network threat assessments to identify, evaluate and mitigate security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities. The Information Security Engineer will work with employees across the organization to develop action plans to mitigate identified vulnerabilities and build a culture of effective information security. This position reports to the Director of Information Security.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with technical leadership to define overall security technology, standards, and strategy
- Design and implement network, cloud, platform, and application security technology
- Mentor and cross-train team members
- Automate security processes whenever possible
- Analyze logs to detect security vulnerabilities or malicious activity
- Lead Incident Response to security incidents and report on incident handling and resolution
- Design and implement security solutions for cloud as well as on-premise systems
- Perform security scans of the network devices, systems, and applications
- Perform automated and manual application security assessments
- Work with development team to ensure secure application designs
- Create threat models for applications and infrastructure
- Proactively research to identify and understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
- Work with external resources involved in the performance of security penetration testing
- Periodically test and evaluate Information Security controls to assure compliance with policies
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium, and long term
- Strong planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues
- After-hours configuration changes and on-call support required
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or related degree), or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience working with enterprise Information Security technology
- Expertise in three, or more, of the following security domains: security operations, engineering and cyber security, endpoint protection, governance, risk and compliance, and identity management.
- Expertise with designing and managing firewalls (Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet), load balancers (f5, HAProxy), and web application firewalls.
- Expertise with cloud network security (Azure, OCI, AWS)
- Experience with application security audits and automation
- Experience with security log monitoring as well as incident response.
- Experience creating network security diagrams and documentation
- Experience scripting in languages such as Python, Perl, Powershell, bash, etc.
- Experience scripting with APIs
- Experience with tools such as vulnerability scanners, nmap, tcpdump, wireshark, etc.
- Experience with Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems, virtualization, containers, and cloud technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, CISSP, OSCP, and/or related certifications are preferred.
- Flexibility to travel when required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.