The Financial Analyst assists with the coordination, development, and management of budgets, forecasts, and analysis of program financial results.
This role is a part-time 6 month (+) contract opportunity. Hours will be around 20 a week to start with the potential to grow as time goes on. Flexibility is key for this role.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Review General Ledger to ensure compliance with funder requirements and RHD policy, evaluate General Ledger for miscoded and missing transactions, and submit accruals and correcting Journal Entries and/or Reclasses as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts including operating revenue and expenses and capital expenditures. Enter data into budget tracking software.
- Assist in analyzing and reporting of key performance indicators
- Track monthly expenses against budgets, identify and analyze trends, alert Manager of FP&A about potential issues, and provide recommendations for solutions
- Assist with providing training and education on relevant financial matters to program staff, including expense monitoring, check requisitions, cash handling, and consumer funds management.
- Prepare and submit invoices and other reporting for cost reimbursement contracts and grants, insuring compliance with all funder and RHD guidelines.
- Oversee credit card activity, including monitoring credit card usage for unusual transactions, auditing cardholder reporting for timely and accurate account coding and posting of receipts, and following up on any fraud investigations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience
- At least one internship experience (3 months - 1 year)
- Experience with revenue is a plus
- Flexibility is Key