Addison Group is in search of a Receptionist to help support our office in Chicago. This is the first point of contact for most clients and candidates with Addison; it is the voice and face of our company. Without the Receptionist successfully managing the phones and flow of office visitors (candidate interviews or client in-office meetings), the Recruiters and BDMs are not able to be successful. The ideal candidate will understand the time-sensitive nature of managing the phones and visitor flow, as well as understand the importance of professionalism in communication and appearance. Strong Customer Service skills and excellent communication required.
Addison Group is a leading staffing firm based in Chicago, IL that specializes in connecting opportunities and candidates in Administration & HR, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Founded in 1999, Addison Group has now established a coast to coast presence, with 22 offices nationwide: Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago (HQ), Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Reston, Rockville, San Antonio, San Francisco, Schaumburg, Seattle, Tulsa, and Washington, DC.
Named a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company, Addison Group continues to achieve success and growth while fostering a competitive yet team-oriented environment. Addison Group is an Inavero's Best of Staffing winner for the past six years. Addison Group is focused on organic growth-each year we promote people from within to open new branches and lines of business. Addison Group is a team-oriented work environment with a work hard/play hard atmosphere-Addison has been recognized by many publications as one of the top best places to work for the past five years. Visit our website to learn more: addisongroup.com
The position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meet and greet all visitors to the office in a professional and positive manner.
- Answer and transfer inbound calls in a timely manner, ensuring short on-hold time.
- Managing flow of office visitors and heavy call volume in calmly and professional at all times.
- Print and review of all candidate applications to ensure completeness of the application, including tax forms and I9s.
- Coordination of interview rooms and testing computers to ensure short wait times.
- Coordination of conference room calendars to ensure smooth scheduling between multiple groups.
- Coordination of any additional meeting within the office, as needed.
- Maintain reception area, interview rooms and testing areas in neat and clean fashion.
- Receive and send out mail or packages
- Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Four-year degree or equivalent
- Professional oral and written communication skills
Individuals in this position will be held accountable for meeting goals and deadlines. The Receptionist must be results-oriented with a high sense of urgency and ability to work calmly under pressure with a variety of personalities. Addison Group will provide you with the necessary training and professional career development you need to succeed in this position.
Back to top