Job Title: Property Administrative Assistant / Junior Property Manager
Location: Yonkers, NY
Duration: Temp to Perm
Pay: $19 /hr ($55,000) - negotiable
Must have experience in the residential real estate arena, including rental, condo & co-op
4-5 years' experience is a plus
SHAREHOLDERS/UNIT OWNERS/ RESIDENTS:
With direction from the Senior Property Manager:
- Interact with Boards, carry out directives, attend Board meetings, take minutes, create action reports and follow up.
- Handle shareholder, unit owner, resident inquiries and problems or forward to agents, visit buildings twice annually, attend annual meetings.
- Work with superintendents, including purchase orders.
- Keep Senior Agent of any building staff performance related issues
As required by agents.
- Respond to all inquiries (via, phone, email, fax etc.) within 24 hours.
- Take messages for agents; following direction from Agent, learn which issues you can resolve independently (while keeping agent informed) and which need to be brought to the Agent's immediate attention.
· Create own correspondence.
· Maintain calendars (cyclical meetings, expiration dates, hearings, cure by dates, etc.
· Assist Agent in preparing for monthly and annual Board Meetings
· Ensure Board List is updated and accurate
· Distribute financials, keep profiles current,
· Coordinate with Compliance to maintain Emergency Vendor Contact List current.
· Maintain files, arrange for messengers as needed
· Maintain portfolio files in Agents' office.
· Check requests, tenant change forms, tenant "chargebacks", maintain contract payments, File annual permits, MDR applications, annual tax letters, return move-in/out deposits.
- Handle vendor inquiries for payment. Utilize BJ Murray.
- Monitor insurance to make sure it doesn't lapse
- Coordinate with Compliance to ensure recorded in compliance archives.
· Provide comps, write indemnification letters, provide insurance information, write reference letters. Assist and provide whatever is requested by brokers/Closing Department/current owners.
· Coordinate flow of paperwork (alteration agreements, security deposits, fees, insurance certificates, plans).
· Monitor sublets.
· Maintain minute books and files; prepare Action List of items to follow up on
· End of Year - Collect and provide Compliance with copies of Annual and Monthly Board Meetings
· Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proactive, solution oriented/problem solver
· Common Sense and Understand when it is appropriate to ask for direction and when to work independently
· Manage Time and Meet Deadlines
· Communicate efficiently, effectively and in a timely fashion
· Once familiar with internal operations and practices, be able to work independently and with minimal direction (although direction is provided when required)
· make a clean and professional appearance as you may be called upon to attend Board Meetings to take minutes/notes.
· Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint
o Knowledge of MDS, SiteCompli & Board Packer a plus
Great opportunity for someone interested in potentially evolving into a Property Agent role.