- Reston, VA
This position will work on our hotel portfolio. We're looking for someone with 2-3 years of experience, preferably with some hotel/hospitality exposure and preferably with a CPA, but neither is a requirement for the position. It has to be someone who is smart and can learn.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
General Purpose of Position: Provides full service accounting function for an assigned portfolio of real estate entities.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while understanding the larger purpose of assignments.
- Ability to professionally interact with all internal and external business partners.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments and properly prepare to be an active participant in all company meetings and discussions.
- Dependability. Able to arrive on time and ready for work each day.
- Ability to multitask and maintain flexibility during heavy work periods which may require working additional hours.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet deadlines as established by the monthly Accounting Calendar.
- Respond to internal and external inquires within 24 hours.
- Maintain a general ledger and produce monthly financial statements for review in accordance with GAAP (or other defined basis of accounting) for assigned entities including proper support and timely reconciliation of every GL account balance.
- Produce timely and accurate Cash Summary Reports and Cash Forecasts for assigned entities and fully understand the cash account structures.
- Understand and anticipate the future cash requirements of Capital Calls and Distributions.
- Prepare and input all cash (within 24 hours) and non-cash journal entries.
- Adhere to established Collections Policies and Default Procedures.
- Approve payables invoices daily in Nexus.
- Ensure that all Management Fees, Inter-Company Payables, Leasing Commissions, TI and Development Fees are calculated and paid on a timely basis.
- Ensure timely payment of all taxes and government assessments for assigned entities.
- Record all monthly Accrual Journal Entries.
- Read and comprehend all Partnership Agreements, Management Agreements, Tenant Leases and Debt Agreements for assigned entities.
- Verify the accuracy of monthly debt invoices and maintain a complete and accurate Debt Schedule.
- Enter Lease Abstracts into Yardi/MRI and maintain a complete and accurate Rent Roll in Yardi/MRI.
- Maintain accurate Straight-Line Rent Schedules in Yardi/MRI.
- Monitor compliance with Management Agreements, Debt Covenants and Tenant Leases.
- Calculate Lease Pass Throughs.
- Calculate annual depreciation and amortization in FAS.
- Provide timely Audit, Tax and REIT information.
- Prepare budgets, annual reports, Income and Expense Reports and other schedules as required.
- Perform a self-review of all work products.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate Accounting Degree required
- CPA preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a standard office setting.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, including computer keyboard.
- Ability to sit for extended time.
- Ability to carry files and binders weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to read printed material and a computer screen
- Ability to communicate in person or over the telephone.
For more information on this and other fulltime accounting and finance opportunities across the DC metro area, please contact Davis Luethke via email in the strictest confidence to email@example.com
Location: Washington, DC
Back to top