Payroll Tax Analyst
Location: Phoenix Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client located in downtown Phoenix has an immediate opening for a Payroll Tax Analyst with 3+ years of experience.
· Payroll Tax Analyst will be responsible for executing payroll tax related activities including payroll processing, tax processing, agency notice resolution and serve as a consultant to colleagues and employees on payroll related inquiries.
- Perform all activities necessary to ensure payroll tax compliance including maintaining related records, filing tax reports, tax reconciliation and agency notice resolution.
- Reconcile monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll taxes and related tax filing reports including 941s, W2s, etc.
- Payroll Tax Analyst ensures accuracy and timeliness of federal, multi-state and multi-jurisdiction withholding tax payments, deposits and tax returns.
- Verify service provider's tax deposits are in balance with payroll reports.
- Audit and reconcile quarterly wages and tax to quarterly tax reports filed by service provider.
- Payroll Tax Analyst will process payroll tax adjustments to correct/update employee and employer taxes for accurate reporting on employees' W2s, prepare W2Cs and related amendments.
- Research, analyze and resolve payroll related tax notices and inquiries.
- Analyze payroll and tax data resulting in preparation and filing of amended tax returns
- Document and update procedures, and prepare special reports for management.
- Execute the monthly and quarterly close process related to payroll tax filings in collaboration with service provider and functional leads.
- Minimum of 3+ years of payroll & tax experience
- Intermediate Excel
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have strong knowledge of multi-state tax reporting
- Long Term Disability
Back to top