Our client, reputable a higher education in the DMV area, is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team. They need someone who has experience with high volume (4,000 people) and has utilized PeopleSoft.
- Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate day-to-day processing
- Process payroll for hourly & salaried employees
- Work with line mangers regarding inquiries, issues and procedures affecting payroll and HR
- Review and analyze bi-weekly timesheets for completeness and accuracy in Kronos and PeopleSoft.
- Communicate with staff and managers for the timely collection and approval of timesheets.
- Work in close liaison with the compensation and HR departments for collection of pay changes and new hires
- Send and receive garnishment files to ADP
- Process and submit the bi-weekly ACH file to the bank.
Maintain payroll metrics spreadsheet after each biweekly payroll process
- Review bank reports for return funds and incorrect account and or routing number
- Payroll Specialist must verify all payroll entries including deductions, earnings and changes, review and reconcile payroll data and resolving any discrepancies as necessary
- Assist with payroll wage garnishments
- Organize and verify any additional data for final payroll runs prior to processing of W-2s, and process W-2 corrections as appropriate
- Payroll Specialist must possess 3+ years of payroll experience
- Proficient in PeopleSoft
- Experience with high volume (4,000 people+)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality