- Philadelphia, PA
Payroll Specialist - Contract
4-6 Month Contract
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run reports on daily basis to track/monitor authorization process; obtain written documentation, track, prioritize and report outcomes of each authorization request.
- Maintain and update authorization process manual.
- Resolve and assist with authorizations for insurance and contacting patient's case manager to reduce denials.
- Report and resolve authorization issues.
- Communicate with billing staff to ensure authorization/verification process is completed.
- Monitor and track patient authorizations, inform supervisor of expired authorization.
- Enters Time Sheets and payroll and billing information in a timely manner into the data base.
- Provide clerical support and filing for the billing/ payroll team based on operational needs
- Assures that office is operated in the most cost effective manner and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a concerned, helpful and professional persona with all office location personnel and field staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and agency information according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills; problem solving abilities;
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Communication - Communicates persuasively; listens and gets clarification*
- Computer proficiency- Ability to navigate basic Microsoft Office suite, EMR systems and applicable internet resources per company policy
- Able to manage competing demands for time and resources and independently prioritizes work responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma
- Moderate competency with computers and keyboarding.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- 5 years recent experience in payroll function required, (preferably) in a home care agency or other healthcare field.
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred
- Exceptional computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, general accounting software, and knowledge of one or more major web-based home health database software program
- Strong customer service skills
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel.
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Back to top