- Chicago, IL
Under the Supervision of the Payroll & Tax Supervisor, The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for managing their assigned payroll processing group; auditing all aspects of a multi-state payroll for our external employees. The individual must be able to adapt to a change environment and should be comfortable working in a fast-pace environment and thinking outside of the box. We are seeking a bright, creative, goal-oriented, high energy and hardworking individual to fill the payroll position in our Chicago location.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with Supervisor to ensure accuracy of payroll data, ensuring proper controls and audits are complete prior to submission of records
- Research and resolve payroll inquiries that affect accurate payroll processing
- Assists with ensuring company policies and regulations are met within the payroll team
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Knowledge of payroll taxes and how they affect the quarter and year end process
- Assist employees with payroll & policy questions or steer in appropriate direction to get answers
- Assist with administrative payroll tax activities
- Maintain confidential files and maintenance of all employee records
- Provide excellent customer service by addressing designated groups questions related to Payroll
- Assist with periodic audits of data entered into Kronos, Great Plaines, and Bullhorn. Ensure report results are consistent, reliable and accurate
- Data verification across 4 systems
- Assists in special projects as needed
- AA/AS or BA/BS Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- 3+ years of proven professional payroll processing experience
- Payroll Tax (legislation, regulation and compliance) and/or Payroll Accounting experience
- Garnishment background preferred
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge in Kronos and ADP a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, local employment labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Must be detail oriented with effective time management skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
ABOUT ADDISON GROUP:
Addison Group has enjoyed rapid growth since its inception in 1999, when a group of visionary industry leaders in Chicago set out with the simple goal of recruiting the best candidates for the best companies. With the help of its strategic investment partner, Odyssey Investment Partners, Addison Group has expanded its reach across the country with 6000 employees through 20+ offices and six core industry sectors, from Administrative to IT.
Back to top