A Harlem based NFP is looking for a temp Payroll Manager to start immediately.
- Lead payroll team of two (2) for the end-to-end payroll processing of gross-to-net payroll for roughly 1,500 employees; this includes the accurate and timely delivery of bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls. Coordinate with Human Resources on various corrections and changes for final calculation of payroll
- Oversees the data inputs to the payroll and timekeeping systems related to the gross-to-net payroll calculations, including time records, incentive payments, HR inputs, deductions.
- Year-end payroll process
- Keeps informed of legislation and regulatory rulings impacting payroll
- Review current garnishments of pay for employee child support, bankruptcies, liens, etc.
- Receive and respond to pay-related inquiries using discretion and effective oral and written communication with employees.
- Preparation of reports to support managers. Communicate and liaise with finance team
- Maintaining accurate payroll records
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experienced payroll practitioner, - 6+ years including experience of running an end to end payroll process and managing a team.
- Knowledge of operating payroll systems UKG (formerly UltiPro) /
- Excellent information technology skills, including payroll systems, spreadsheets and other Microsoft applications