Payroll Compliance Analyst
- Chicago, IL
Payroll Compliance Analyst
Under the Management of the Payroll Compliance Manager, the Payroll Compliance Analyst will perform all support activities related to Payroll tax, payroll compliance and payroll accounting. The Payroll Compliance Analyst will assist Payroll with compliance, payroll accounting, payroll tax, and ensuring processes and procedures are up to date and implemented.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with ensuring compliance and regulations are met within the payroll team
- Ensures accurate accounting and reporting on all payroll related feeds to finance
- Assists Payroll Leadership with quarter close, and year-end close
- Responsible for all payroll accounting activities
- Responsible for wage payment compliance
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Assist employees with payroll & policy questions or steer in appropriate direction to get answers
- Maintain confidential files and maintenance of all employee records
- Assist all locations with questions related to Payroll
- Deliver to leadership, accounting, and other users, on-demand Finance reports and other ad hoc requests as needed
- Perform periodic audits of data entered into Kronos system. Ensure report results are consistent, reliable and accurate
- AA/AS or BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of professional payroll experience.
- 3-5 years of payroll tax experience
- 2+ years of related professional and progressive Accounting experience.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge in Kronos and ADP a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, local employment labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Must be detail oriented with effective time management skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and through complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
ABOUT ADDISON GROUP:
Addison Group has enjoyed rapid growth since its inception in 1999, when a group of visionary industry leaders in Chicago set out with the simple goal of recruiting the best candidates for the best companies. With the help of its strategic investment partner, Odyssey Investment Partners, Addison Group has expanded its reach across the country with 6000 employees through 20+ offices and six core industry sectors, from Administrative to IT.
Back to top