Payroll and HR Opp
- Pleasanton, CA
Are you looking for an opportunity in a reputable company with a positive work environment? Our client is seeking a Payroll and HR Operations Manager to join their team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Title: Payroll and HR Operations Manager (Direct Hire)
Location: Livermore, CA
Job ID: 444203
- Provide effective leadership, supervision, and guidance to payroll and HR Ops team members to enable them to succeed on their job.
- Provide oversight for all payroll-related processes, procedures and functions.
- Continually review and analyze payroll processes, benefits and tax procedures to recommend and implement updates and changes necessary for compliance and increased efficiencies.
- Support Team Members with payroll and HR operation-related questions and issues.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Work with HRIS vendors to update, maintain and test updates and corrections as well as resolve complex issues.
- Communicate effectively with all departments and Team Members.
- Set measurable goals for the payroll team to achieve, and ensure quality service is delivered.
- Assist payroll staff members in answering customers' inquiries and questions, and researching, troubleshooting, and resolving cases relating to customers.
- Manage regular preparation of reports, including end of pay period/monthly/quarterly/year-end reports (PTO, tax payments, salary changes, etc.) and perform reconciliation on a pay period and quarterly basis.
- Member of the team implementing a new HCM system for 2019-2020.
- Verify protocol documentation for payroll processes.
- Interpret established policies to employees and managers and educate them on how to apply the policies.
- Process team member transfers.
- Work with Ultimate Software to ensure all garnishments are processed accurately.
- Update/maintain unemployment contribution rates in Ultimate.
- Provide Ad-hoc reports and metrics on Payroll/HR related data
- Annually review and reconcile W-2s.
- Work with Accounting on GL related questions.
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provide HRIS related training and tools to Managers and HR team.
- Experience leading a US and Canadian payroll function is essential.
- Must have a strong knowledge of multi-state tax compliance.
- Knowledge of international payroll processing a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, especially with Excel, Ultimate Software Experience.
- Knowledge of applicable HR laws and terminology, including but not limited to FMLA, COBRA, PTO, employment and wage verification, wage garnishments and unemployment claims processing.
- Attention to detail, analytical skills and an aptitude for working with numbers.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, such as chart accounts and general ledger and their application.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements to create maximum efficiencies.
Back to top