Patient Access Specialist Job in Nashville, TN
Location: Nashville Region
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Patient Access Specialist Job
- Responsible for the registration of patients, scheduling of patient appointments, verification of insurance, entering of demographic data, collection of copayments, etc.
- Register patients for hospital and physician clinic services in a healthcare setting
- Schedule patient examination, procedure, and surgery appointments for hospitals and physician clinics
- Patient Registrar is responsible for verifying patient insurance benefit coverage via phone and online insurance payer portals
- Update patient accounts with registration, insurance, demographic, scheduling, and billing data
- Patient Registrar must provide superior high volume patient customer service in a fast paced environment
- Use Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook/Power Point), medical software, and type 40+WPM
- Must possess 1+ years' experience healthcare patient registration, scheduling, pre-registration, insurance verification, demographic data entry
- Must have previous experience registering patients for hospital and physician clinic services in a healthcare setting
- Must have previous experience scheduling patient examination, procedure, and surgery appointments for hospitals and physician clinics
- Previous experience verifying patient insurance benefit coverage via phone and online insurance payer portals
- Previous experience updating patient accounts with registration, insurance, demographic, scheduling, and billing data
- Must have previous high volume in person and phone patient customer service in a fast paced environment
- Must have a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook/Power Point) & electronic medical records (EMR) software
- Ability to type 40+WPM required (alphanumeric & 10-key typing)
Why choose Addison Healthcare?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries for you using the US Bureau of Labor Statistics and you are eligible for bonuses
- Benefits: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits AND 401K match
- Permanent Employment: The majority of Addison Healthcare job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You are connected directly with hiring managers from hospitals, physician groups, and healthcare consulting companies
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation
- Urgency: Your level of urgency to find your next career matches our level of urgency
Keywords: Healthcare, Medical, Hospital, Physician, Clinic, Patient, Registration, Scheduling, Insurance Verification, Copayments, Customer Service, Demographics, Referrals, Medical Reception, Pre-Registration, Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial, HIPAA, Electronic Medical Record, EMR, EPIC, Cerner, Medisoft, Meditech, IDX, Point Click Care, Allegra, McKesson, AS400, Nextgen, Allscripts, eClinical Works, Mysis, Tiger, Centricity, Citrix, Athena, eCare, NEBO, Sorian
Why Choose Addison Group?
A leading provider of professional staffing and search services, Addison Group distinguishes itself through exceptional delivery, specialized knowledge and strong relationships. Addison enables ideal connections between talented professionals and dynamic businesses. National practice areas include Administrative & HR; Engineering; Finance & Accounting Contract; Finance & Accounting Executive Search; Financial Services; Healthcare and Information Technology. Addison is an Inavero's 2012 Best of Staffing winner for both Client and Candidate service. www.addisongroup.com
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top