Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
GENERAL SUMMARY: Analyze existing business systems and user requirements and develop applications and/or solutions that meet departmental needs. Research and develop new web-based applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related discipline or, an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
• Two years of experience in the development of web pages and an additional year of experience involving application and database development/design, systems analysis, use of a high level programming language and project management.
• Specialized courses on topics like Web Programming, Use of Web Development and Project Management Tools, graphic design, writing (business, technical and for the web) and Database Development and Design.
• Experience with developing applications using ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC,C# • Knowledge of relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills • Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
• Additional specialized courses or comparable experience may be required based on the specific focus of an individual position included under this job description.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Analyze existing business systems and user requirements to design improved/replacement systems. Work with users to find solutions that meet their needs as well as the needs of the unit.
• Design, develop, and support Microsoft Share Point Server.
• Research and advise on new technologies, equipment and methodologies.
• Act as team leader and use project management skills and software to ensure objectives. Act as liaison with vendors by translating technical specifications and explaining the department's/organization's needs. Act as technical contact and liaison with ITS.
• Train users on hardware and software.
• Conduct software testing and evaluation.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
• Discovering and solving problems
• Assist with the resolution of production problems
• Perform backup support of systems as requested
• Interacting with staff to clarify or define business requirements
• Proactively identifies process improvements that reduce support cost and effort
• Perform other duties as assigned
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top