Our client is going through big transformation and investing deeply to bring new capabilities online for their customers.
They are looking for a Software Engineering Manager with web/eCommerce experience to help us accomplish these goals.
This position manages several teams in the development, implementation, and support of their existing and new software applications and hardware platforms. Works closely with business partners to ensure that new applications meet the practical needs of the company and with support teams to ensure operational stability.
- Manage and lead a team that includes assigning/monitoring work, providing feedback, coaching, counseling, and salary administration
- Builds relationship with key business partners to identify and resolve business issues
- Manages system development and support activities to meet business needs in a timely and cost- effective manner while ensuring the right things get done as per the governance process
- Manages and tracks the progress of multiple projects. Performs project management and administration that include work plans, resource planning and control, writing status reports, and preparing annual budgets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience working on 3P eCommerce solutions such as ATG/Endeca or SAP Hybris
- Past programming experience with Java and/or FE technologies such as React or Angular
- Experience building Enterprise Search solution. Deep knowledge of one or more Search technologies such as Solr, Elastic search etc.
- Typically requires ten to fifteen years' experience based on consistently demonstrated capabilities
- Expert proficiency with software architecture, methodology, governance, and roll-out/implementation process
- People leadership/supervisory skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Presentation, facilitation and writing skills
- Project management - estimating, planning, controlling, and execution