MGR - Director of Project Management Office
- Chicago, IL
Reporting to the VP of IT and CIO, the Director of Project Management Office is responsible for establishing and managing a corporate wide project management office to ensure IT alignment with the enterprise's business strategy. This individual will have extensive experience in driving a System PMO. He/she will have excellent business acumen with a superior service-oriented approach to deliver exceptional user experience and overall business value.
The Director of PMO will provide leadership direction of all ongoing activities related to organizational projects, alignment to business imperatives, and target financial budgets. As the subject matter expert in project planning and resource orchestration, he/she is required to maintain current on project methodologies, such as Six-Sigma, TOGAF, COBIT, and Agile among others to provide the latest project methodology frameworks that need to be assimilated, integrated, and maintained throughout our client's system to sustain technology-business alignment.
MISSION & VALUES
Supports the Mission and Values of our client, through communication, performance, and by self-example to patients, other employees, and the community.
CORE VALUES/STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
1.1. Practices safe work habits and proper body mechanics.
1.2. Follows infection control procedures.
1.3. Reports safety matters, data, and/or specific cases to the appropriate person.
1.4. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency preparedness procedures and responsibilities.
1.5. Maintains clean, safe, and professional work environment.
1.6. Demonstrates a commitment to safety and ensures the highest safety standards are adhered to at all times.
2.1. Completes tasks promptly and accurately, accepts assignments cooperatively and completes by agreed deadline.
2.2. Can be trusted to follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
2.3. Meets standards for attendance and punctuality.
2.4. Accepts additional shifts as volume dictates.
2.5. Demonstrates commitment to the organization by being reliable and available.
3.1. Handles fair share of work and can be trusted to deliver desired results.
3.2. Understands and initiates actions to assist department goals when volume increases/decreases .
4.1. Seeks and accepts opportunities to further knowledge and skills.
4.2. Adapts to a changing environment, job assignments, priorities and schedules. Maintains a positive attitude.
4.4. Initiates and improves skills through continued learning and demonstrates competence in all aspects of the job.
4.5. Participates in opportunities for self-development including external and in-house educational offerings or inservice.
4.6. Maintains appropriate credentials.
5.1. Respects the privacy of patients, guests and coworkers. Is sensitive to an environment of patient privacy and well-being, i.e. such as knocking before entering room and pulling privacy curtain.
5.2. Handles, accesses, and discloses patient/hospital information only as required in the performance of the job for treatment, payment or health operations in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, hospital policies and procedures.
5.3. Takes steps and follows procedures to secure and safeguard patient and confidential information.
5.4. Never discusses confidential information in elevators or public areas.
6.1. Develops, implements, and monitors a strategic, comprehensive PMO program to ensure consistent delivery off our client's System level projects.
6.2. Provides strategic oversight in the alignment of IT, financial investment, and functional capability. Oversees the successful deployment of technologies to take advantage of opportunities in the fulfillment of their digital business transformation.
6.3. Collaborates with IT and business stakeholders in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities. Leads the integration of projects across to achieve business value, IT System alignment and ultimately desired competitive positioning.
6.4. Develops regular executive reporting dashboards to ensure project value represents consistent overall financial goals of the enterprise and is within plan.
6.5. Works directly with business stakeholders to develop operational efficiencies through the adoption of IT. Works with stakeholders throughout their system on identifying opportunity for improvement.
6.6. Provides guidance and mentors PMs in implementing and supporting the System Project Management Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Design and implement project management methodology standards to drive and facilitate the success of project delivery, including key performance indicators, tools/templates to be used, and processes to be followed.
- Establish organizational credibility with respect to project management deliverables and process efficiencies by instilling the culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability for outcomes.
- Provide overarching PMO monitoring and reporting to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Develop integrated program roadmaps and coordinate cross-project dependencies and resourcing.
- Drive execution of a PMO governance and reporting framework to provide a holistic view of project activity and health.
- Track and monitor project risks, issues, and incidents. Escalate items as needed for leadership input, visibility, and/or resolution.
- Proactively provide recommendations and corrective actions to the VP IT & CIO on project prioritization, timelines, budget, resourcing, and risk/issue resolution.
- Foster strong relationships with System and IT leadership. Work collaboratively with Leadership team to align efforts and resources with system strategy.
- Recommend operating and capital budgets for area of responsibility and stay within the approved, designated budget.
- Work closely with Information Technology Leadership to ensure completion of proper training and user certification prior to system implementation.
- Lead project management team, establish performance expectations and standards, maximize PM performance via training/coaching, serve as a role-model, and provide leadership direction to PMs.
- Actively participate in the appropriate IT strategic and tactical planning processes, management meetings, and other related sessions to develop long and short term organizational goals.
- Develop and administer system-wide policies and procedures for area of responsibility in compliance with our client's policies, procedures, and budgetary considerations.
- Responsible for team's compliance with internal and external standards, internal controls, and legal requirements (JCAHO, HIPAA, external and internal audits, etc.).
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned or as may be required to meet emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree required with emphasis on management, computer science, or related field; Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years Project/Portfolio Management and/or ITIL Incident Management Experience Required
- HealthCare experience preferred.
Back to top