Lead Software Engineer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Full-Stack Software Engineer Lead will work as part of an Agile team to design and implement new features and technologies. This professional will deliver high-quality, high-performance code in an Agile environment and will use, evaluate, and learn exciting new technologies that keep products and teams on the cutting edge.
The Full-Stack Software Engineer Lead will provide technical direction and oversight for development projects and will contribute to the leadership of cross-functional teams. This professional helps to lead the design, development, and maintenance of complex solutions with a focus on quality, performance, and resiliency.
- Oversees the work being done by other software engineers working on the team, coordinating team activities with other teams and product groups, maintaining software architecture standards.
- Consistently defines and applies technologies, standards and software engineering practices, mentoring other team members
- Contributes in leading and directing software engineering resources to ensure timely and quality delivery of services.
- Responsible for mentoring junior talent as well as directing technical staff through technical challenges, tasks and projects.
- Develops key product features within existing large-scale enterprise applications & new strategic initiatives.
- Participates in the full SDLC involving design, implementation, testing, and launching.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners (QA, Business Analyst, Tech Pubs, etc.) in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Assists with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
- Participates in and sometimes leads architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction.
- Creates design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
- Generates data for project planning, including task breakdown and estimation of work for a project. Tracks status within the project as necessary.
- Delegates tasks to project team members to balance work and increase team cross-training
- Raises long-term architecture issues within project
- Owns the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serves as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects.
- Builds software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Designs and defines the interaction between the other component pieces.
- Maintains and supports software solutions post-production.
- Implements and debugs some of the more involved/complex functionality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development, with 2 + in technical leadership role.
- Frontend experience
- Strong knowledge Angular and AngularJS
- Strong knowledge of observables and reactive programming
- Conversant with NPM and Webpack
- Familiar with HTML/CSS
- Backend experience
- Strong knowledge of Spring framework, including Spring Boot and STS
- Strong knowledge of SOA and microservices architecture
- Substantial experience designing, documenting, and implementing REST APIs.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and processes (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Oracle DB and SQL required
- Extensive experience with Git
- Knowledge of cloud architecture (Azure, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages and frameworks preferred
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, and data modeling techniques.
- Ability to direct and motivate other technical resources.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Passion for developing products that provide a great customer experience.
- Continuously monitor industry trends to guide and influence work focus to promote strategic alignment of core business processes.
- Adaptable with ability to foresee and proactively adjust to leading edge technical trends. Sees change as an opportunity.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully work with others to achieve business priorities. Approaches others with a positive attitude toward achieving common goals. Treats others with respect and values the contributions of others.
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top