The Lending Solutions Manager is responsible for the oversight of strategic and tactical decisions for the company's credit and lending technology solutions and related technologies. The position leads the team responsible for the day-to-day support and maintenance of the Bank's credit and lending systems, coordinates and manages the implementations and upgrades of various credit and lending systems and provides thought leadership and strategic vision for future enhancements to credit and lending solutions. The position is also responsible for working closely with business leaders across all areas of the organization to ensure loan products and services offered by the Bank are competitive in the markets served by the Bank and ensuring credit administration and loan operations are appropriately supported using technology.
Manage day-to-day support activities for the Lending Solutions team.
- Ensure tickets assigned to the team are being worked and closed in a timely manner
- Ensure internal support calls directed to the team are being answered and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure credit/lending system incidents are being addressed immediately by engaging the appropriate resources and managing the necessary activities to resolve those incidents
- Work with appropriate business unit managers to ensure lending customers are supported at an acceptable level
- Provide guidance to and direct activities of team members
- Oversee implementation, upgrade and other projects.
- Work with other IT teams and business units to analyze available upgrades, to determine implementation schedules, to build project plans and to execute testing and implementation of upgrades.
- Coordinates all activities associated with the acquisition, integration and conversion of lending systems when Bank acquires another bank
- Coordinates all resources associated with building test plans and test scripts and conducting testing for the credit and lending systems
- Works with vendors to schedule and coordinate product implementation and upgrade activities
- Work to create and maintain future product/services roadmap.
- Works with senior management and business unit leaders to determine credit administration, loan sales and loan operation needs to maintain the Bank's competitive market position
- Utilizes the Bank's strategic objectives to develop the Bank's lending systems strategies in partnership with the Product Management Team and appropriate Senior Managers
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies within the credit administration and loan areas of the financial services industry
- Works with Bank's Product Management Team, Senior Managers, and external vendors to build formal road map for credit/lending systems and solutions
- Manage team's approved budget and other administrative activities (committee meetings, audits/exams, vendor management, etc.).
- Develops the annual budget for the Lending Solutions team and products the team is responsible for supporting
- Manages expenses and capital expenditures for the Lending Solutions group as approved by the Board of Directors
- Ensure standards and procedures are properly maintained and other project documentation is created, maintained and archived.
- Direct team members to update procedures as necessary to ensure they remain current
- Reviews and approves procedure changes used by the Lending Solutions team
- Creates and maintains any standards assigned by the Chief Information Officer
- Ensures appropriate project documentation is created for initiatives by reviewing all project documentation for thoroughness and completeness
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, business management or other related technical field
- Minimum Experience
- 10+ years' experience working directly with credit and lending systems, including loan origination systems in both retail and commercial channels
- 5+ years' experience developing and managing department budgets
- 5+ years' experience managing critical vendor relationships
- Experience developing product roadmaps
- Experience with credit systems, loan origination systems, loan processing systems including retail lending, commercial lending, mortgage lending and mortgage warehouse lending
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams
- Excellent presentation skills, verbal and written and presenting to executive level leaders
- Critical thinker that is capable of rallying business and technology teams around future-state vision
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Ability to learn business processes at a near-native level to understand the needs of back-office and customer facing areas related to the credit administration and lending areas of the Bank
- Creative problem solving, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability are crucial to the success of the role
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to have candid conversations when needed
- Demonstrated leadership managing/leading a diverse team of people in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive understanding of formal project management methodologies, project lifecycles, and testing best practices