A north OKC company is looking for a Junior Underwriter to join their team! If you meet the requirements below, please apply today.
- Reviews health insurance applications, requests for adding dependents and late entrants.
- Reviews all relevant applicant information including medical records, previous applications, claim histories, Rx reports, medical questionnaires, etc.
- Requests additional information from applicants, physicians and sales reps if application is incomplete.
- Uses appropriate rating methods, policies, procedures and state mandates to determine potential risk, issues or declines applications for coverage and/or recommends ratings or restrictions.
- Enters all underwriting information into database and communicates with applicants, agents and sales team members the status of the underwriting decision and explains guidelines and methods followed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of some type of administrative experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization and to maintain agency and insured relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills, particularly financial and statistical.
- Ability to adjust conflicting priorities to meet or exceed established department turnaround goals.
- Proficient in Excel (moderate)
- Polished and professional demeanor
- Data entry skills
Why choose Addison Administrative & HR?
- Pay : We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses : You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment : Many of Addison's Administrative job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections : You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options : You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development : You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation
Back to top