IT/Network Security Analyst
Location: Washington DC Region
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client in the Montgomery County, MD area is looking for an experienced and committed Security Analyst. They are a financial institution with a commanding presence in the Washington, DC metro area, and they pride themselves in being on the forefront of the evolving tech landscape.
The Security Analyst is responsible for overseeing, analyzing, improving and providing maintenance for our client's technical security. They will support the Information Security Program and focus on performing in depth security analysis of the technology environments. This individual with help implement risk analysis and threat prevention processes. The security analyst assists in ensuring that risks to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company's information systems and infrastructure are sufficiently mitigated, in turn, supporting the operational goals.
- Enhances the company security program by managing the monitoring and alerting of Security Information and Event Management technology.
- Monitors log management and log analysis from a variety of network sensors and investigates suspect network activity.
- Examines network traffic and determines the legitimacy of suspect activity.
- Provides technical security assistance in the workplace
- Adheres to company policy by working with the IT Security team and any outsourced security to resolve network vulnerabilities.
- Uses all security systems and their corresponding or associated user/analyst interfaces, including host and client based firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, cryptographic systems, endpoint security systems, zero-day and anti-virus software to monitor network activity.
- Stays up to date on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies.
- HelpDesk support as required
- Understanding and experience with threat management, SIEM technologies, Citrix, Windows Server operating system, firewall technologies, application layer security controls, and IDS/IPS technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking: networking topology, protocols and services.
- Knowledge of best practice standards such as the Center for Internet Security (CIS) Top 20 Critical Security Controls, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, FFIEC Regulatory Cybersecurity Standards, FIPS, ITIL and COBIT.
- Microsoft software applications and other software applications experience as required.
- Capable of using Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Travel as required
- Flexibility to work extended hours, when necessary, to support operational requirements.
- Maintains wherewithal to work autonomously on own initiative and within a team environment.
- Capable of managing time and responsibilities in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Degree in Computer Science,Information/Cybersecurity, Information Systems or related discipline and minimum three (3) years of related experience or a combination of education and related experience.
- Preferred one of the following or equivalent Certification:
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Three (3) years of experience of working in cybersecurity
Back to top