IT Operations Manager
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This leader is responsible for building and leading the internal teams that design, implement, and monitor our enterprise technology infrastructure and Help Desk. This includes all IT Systems, Networking, and Storage. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills. He or she will be an adept leader of people, plus have a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations. The role will report to the Director of IT, and will contribute to the development and execution of the overall systems strategy and ensure its alignment our IT and business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
- The successful candidate will work as a technical expert in managing the installation and maintenance of a multitude of mission critical systems and applications.
- Manage the Help Desk and Infrastructure teams
- Ability to perform all facets of systems administration on a network supporting a variety of services
- Responsibility for the successful deployment and maintenance of physical and virtual systems
- Candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter with an ability to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Create and implement standards for the management and efficiency of the current systems that maintain stability, enable continuous improvement, and drive business agility
- Defining requirements and maintaining vendor KPI's related to monitoring and alerting systems and the associated processes to provide uptime results in-line with customer requirements
- Envisioning and recommending new systems and solutions for existing business processes which drive efficiencies of our teams
- Manage support for all back-office IT infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge and experience with virtualization and cloud solutions
- Ownership of IT Security in line with emerging compliance requirements and best practices. Protecting the IT environment from anything that will compromise security, stability or reliability. Quantifying risk and cost in recommending solutions
- Managing system vendors and participating in contract negotiation
- Understanding and communicating/managing the cost of the design, installation, and support of IT systems, as well as ongoing costs
- Partnering on all change management/deployment activities with the appropriate vendors to ensure the highest level of system availability
- B.A./B.S. in related field
- At least 10years' experience in IT systems, with three(3) in a leadership role
- Project management and documentation experience required
- Ability to integrate and align strategy across functions, processes and teams
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IT systems: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Cultural fit with the team is of top priority, which requires an attitude of ownership, trust, accountability, and teamwork
- Knowledge of and ability to use a PC, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory Services, LANs, WANs, telephone systems and related security
- Successfully managed and mentored Help Desk and infrastructure professionals
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage a complex environment of IT infrastructure
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively articulate IT requirements to vendors, and own the decision-making process for all infrastructure related questions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be a self-starter
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills, and ability to work multiple projects at once.
- Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and experience in an individual contributor role in IT operations and engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that endorse are highly engaged and meeting KPI's
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders, vendors, and customers
- Understanding technical concepts like enterprise architecture, SOA, virtualization, servers, databases, hardware, network, monitoring, firewalls, security, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, phone systems, and configuration systems.
- Understanding of networks and strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Possess a positive, helpful, and professional demeanor
- Familiar with operations management software
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize work appropriately
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Business Development Manager, Addison Group Healthcare
Alli works within Addison’s Healthcare Department, seeking to build relationships with new clients while successfully maintaining existing relationships with hospital systems, physician practices, and other companies.
Back to top