International Senior Accountant
Location: Boston Region
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Addison Group has partnered with a global information technology company in search of an analytical, motivated Senior Accountant with heavy month end close and reconciliation experience. Please contact us today to discuss!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for contributing to the successful completion of month end closes, audit-related and process improvement activities as well as ad hoc special projects.
- Drive month-end close activities and ensure compliance with monthly close .
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Ensure integrity of the international financials at both the subsidiary and consolidated levels and ensure appropriate compliance in both the local currency and US GAAP books.
- Ensure financials, reconciliations and schedules are recorded appropriately and timely.
- Analyze financial statements and prepare analysis for assigned subsidiaries to monitor expenses.
- Record intercompany transactions, intercompany eliminations and consolidations.
- Apply combination of IFRS and U.S. GAAP knowledge in dealing with international accounting matters.
- Proactively identify issues and implement improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Assist in annual audits (US GAAP and local statutory audits) and prepare audit schedules as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
BA or BS degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of related experience REQUIRED.
- CPA license desired
- Experience working on the accounting of foreign subsidiaries
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- High level analytical abilities and communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel including use of v-lookups and pivot tables is required.
- Proficiency with Great Plains is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access is preferred.
Back to top