- Boston, MA
Duties & Responsibilities
· Drive the entire Continuous Integration process.
· Develop and harden integration test scripts and tools.
· Mentor and train automation engineers on automation best practices.
· Guide the work of junior integration engineers.
· Unify all automation into meaningful executions and reports.
· Manage Jenkins instances for both CI and Automation.
· Configure and test new slave machines for automation, both Windows and Linux.
· Design and develop visual dashboards to track daily automated events.
· Establish and maintain automatic reporting so development teams know about failures quickly.
· Work closely with release engineering, QA, operations, and development.
· Triage environment issues and coordinate with other teams to resolve blockers.
Skills & Experience
· BS in computer science or equivalent degree. A developer background is a must.
· 1-3 years of work experience in a development or automation role.
· Working knowledge of Maven, specifically in-build testing.
· JMeter, RestAssured, Selenium, or Sikuli experience.
· Knowledge of multiple programming languages ideally at different application tiers. Java is required.
· Strong code and data analytic skills for script development.
· Ability to understand the big picture of software deployment architectures.
· Comfortable creating and configuring headless Linux systems.
· General knowledge of development practices such as Agile, or specific implementations like Scrum.
· Experience using code repositories such as GitHub or Stash.
· Hands on knowledge of web proxies such as Charles, Fiddler, or Wireshark.
· Strong communication skills both written and oral.
Additional Skills & Experience
The following skills are an added bonus, but not required.
· Practical experience using Jira, or another story tracking system.
· Experience using VMWare products.
· Prior history using a cloud provider such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
· Strong understanding of computer networking.
· Knowledge of log analysis and aggregation tools such as Splunk.
· Curious about technology and new trends in the industry.
· Strong work ethic and motivation to complete tasks with high quality.
· Positive attitude and eager to collaborate with colleagues.
· Enjoy working effectively and efficiently with minimal downtime.
· Believe that a busy day goes by faster than a slow day.
· Able to handle multiple concurrent projects, deadlines, and responsibilities.
· Ability to see areas for improvement in processes.
Back to top