Role: Senior Wireless Newwork Engineer
Location: Lisle, IL
The Sr. IP Networking Engineer is responsible for developing, testing, documenting, implementing, and managing secure, carrier-class, remote network/device monitoring and operations policies, standards, methods, and procedures in support of the Network Operations group within Global Services.
The Senior Engineer - IP Networking is responsible to develop, test, document, implement and manage secure, carrier class remote network/device monitoring and operations policies, standards, methods and procedures in support of the Network Operations group within Global Services.
As an integral part of our Network Design process, the Senior Engineer - IP Networking is responsible to provide IP related network architecture and design validation and guidance to the Network Design team to ensure the Network Design team incorporates the policies, standards, methods and procedures developed and maintained within Network Operations in their design objectives, and into their work product. Ensuring our approach, standards, methods and work product enable and drive carrier grade network availability and performance are critical success factors for this role.
- Oversee the design, implementation and support of wireless networking infrastructure and network security devices.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external teams.
- Develop project documentation, including statements of work, detailed project plans, architecture designs, detailed implementation plans, deployment plans, project test plans, and operational training material
- Support the development of standards that produce high availability, scalable and robust network and wireless designs including the development and maintenance of written documentation Configure VPN, Wireless technologies, routers, switches, system security and rewalls
- Identify, coordinate and document preventive, proactive and corrective maintenance requirements.
- Plan, execute and supervise planned network maintenance projects such as software or hardware upgrades, network expansion and data collection activities.
- Provide expert troubleshooting, technical support and technical problem resolution.
- Provide technical leadership, coordination and hands-on management of outage restoration efforts including the organizing and leading of joint outage conference bridges with customer, vendors and partner teams.
- Communicate networking ideas and concepts to customers, vendors, partners and peers.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline, and CCNP/CCWP/CCIE or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related work experience in IP Network Engineering
- A strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration in a matrixed organization
- An open, engaging, and inclusive approach to work and the communication skills to work well with all levels of technical and managerial staff.
- Demonstrated success in a technical leadership role within a 24x7x365 operational support center.
- Proven hands-on experience managing outages and service restorations
- Experience working in an emerging growth technology services company
- The ability to convey a strong sense of urgency, responsiveness, follow-through and successfully manage outcomes
- Experience in sales, design, implementation and/or support in network technology solutions
- The ability to work productively in a 24/7 environment without direct supervision
- Knowledge of IP network products, routing protocols and the strategic direction of networking technologies
- Understanding of wireless solutions (LTE and Wi-Fi)
- Experience designing and implementing high availability networks & new network topologies Knowledge of best practices around WAN/LAN, mobility, switching, routing, security and convergence
- Administration support software O&M tools for LTE maintenance and operations RAN equipment, i.e.: 5620 SAM Service Aware Manager - Nokia / ALu, Spider Net - SpiderCloud Wireless, and Ericsson OSS
- Understanding of small cell wireless technologies and Ethernet backhaul solutions
- Knowledge of virtualization and storage technologies