Human Resources Generalist
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to oversee day-to-day and strategic initiatives for an exciting and growing organization in the South suburbs of Chicago. Reporting into the CFO, responsibilities will include overseeing all aspects of HR including recruiting, employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and development and back-up payroll for salaried and hourly employees. This is a stand alone position but will receive support from other members of the finance and administrative team.
- Act as a business partner and recruiter to organization leaders regarding talent acquisition strategies and best practices. Handle full cycle recruiting efforts.
- Manage the internship program including all university and college relations and job fairs.
- Function as a back-up for payroll if needed.
- Conduct all on-boarding for new employees.
- Act as a resource for managers and departments in developing talent and performance management improvement strategies.
- Evaluate and stay current with compensation trends in the marketplace.
- Employee relations and coaching.
- Administer benefits and communicate this information to employees along with answering questions.
- Plan and coordinate Wellness activities.
- Four year degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of three years human resources work experience.
- Exposure to payroll processing.
- Experience with a seasonal and/or part-time employee base is preferred.
- PHR certification is a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
Back to top